Great New Generation Collagen, Amazing Results, New Opportunities.
Colway’s Natural Collagen, which we have been selling since 2004, is totally different to any other collagen product. It is extracted from fish skin in the form of triple helix (spiral) molecules which are precursors of the collagen fibers. So, in simple words, it would have become collagen fibre but it was captured and extracted from fish skin at earlier stages of development and preserved (not processed!) as hydrate. Its molecules maintain their triple helix structure and determines their biological activity in a beauty product. Such helical pro-collagen easily breaks down into peptides once it touches the skin. These peptides penetrate the skin and stimulate its rejuvenation.
Hydrolysed collagen used in creams and supplements is usually produced from bovine or porcine connective tissue or fish cartilage and scales. Transforming to a final product, requires aggressive chemical or enzymatic processing. It resembles collagen in its amino acid composition, but not in its structure. It’s “dead” and inactive.
Scientifically speaking, we are more entitled to call our flagship product “collagen” than thousands of distributors of preparations that are made of protein that would be once considered collagen. Our product differs in that it maintains the model structure of collagen and even the inter-spiral and intra-spiral bonds.
This unique Polish method of triple helix collagen extraction and preservation is not used in any other part of the world!
However, if Natural Collagen experiences a high temperature in the bottle, it breaks down into peptides and becomes liquid. It loses any useful properties after a few hours. When the collagen gel maintains a triple spiral conformation in the bottle, no decomposition processes take place, even after many years.
The original Polish method of collagen hydration seemed to be defined and its temperature issues unsolvable. But we persevered. Piotr Pakuła, a young successful businessman and a passionate biochemist inspired Dr. Jan Czarnecki, a researcher into technologies obtaining pharmaceutical components and creator of many drugs, to conduct research. In 2010, at a laboratory in Finepharm Jelenia Gora, Poland, he extracted collagen from fish skins with an almost ideal biological purity. He was also the first to scientifically prove that in order for the peptides of the Polish collagen gel to be absorbed, the triple helices must break down on the skin into single spirals (secondary collagen).
In 2012 Dr Czarnecki’s team performed the first completely controlled breakdown of the triple helices into single helices. In this way, a new, exceptional product was created – Native Collagen. It has the same chemical INCI composition as previous Natural Collagen: Aqua, Collagen, Caprylyl Glycol, Elastin, Lactic Acid.
What differs Native Collagen from the previous triple spiral collagen?
- New native collagen does not denaturise because its despiralisation has already taken place in the process of hydration. Even a transition to a nearly liquid state does not downgrade the value of this product.
- Native collagen gel changes its density depending on temperature. In low temperatures the density will increase, and in higher temperatures new collagen will approach a semi-liquid, or even liquid. When cooled down it will return within a few hours to its previous state.
- Though having identical colour, it may possess noticeable lower density and a slightly higher viscosity. The gel with dynamic density, even liquid (because, e.g., overheated by the user), was not less “collagen”, or not less viscous.
- This slightly higher viscosity will, after application, frequently give an impression of better lubricating properties and distributes more evenly on the skin. It also has lower volume of lipid residue when compared to previous collagens. Such residue cannot be completely removed in traditional collagen because the fat molecules “get entangled” in triple spiral bonds and mechanical filtration do not eliminate them.
- New Generation Native Collagens have better biological purity. They are not only purified from the lipid residues (which reduced a slightly fishy smell characteristic to triple helix collagen) but also from melanin (pigment). Also, smaller protein structures and lower nominal density help to purify the substances still further.
- New heat-resistant collagen has the pH level ideal for the skin which equals 5.3 whereas the acidity of the triple spiral collagen gel is around to 3.2 – 3.7 pH
- Native Collagen can be easily emulsified with numerous extraordinary components beneficial to the skin. This opens up great possibilities for the product. However the first to be distributed, Native Collagen Pure, does not contain any additives.
- The new Native Collagen allows us to use a different type of bottle – the only glass airless bottles in the world from Lumson, both modern and beautiful.
Native Collagen offers more business opportunities. Easier transportation and storage, no need for styrofoam packaging and thermo boxes with ice, or the necessity to keep collagen in a refrigerator
The product remains natural, so it contains no artificial fragrances or odour neutralisers.
The New Generation Collagen is not chemically different from the gel we have known so far. It is more purified than Natural Collagen from lipids and protein residues.
Native Collagen is characterised by a slightly better Trans Epidermal Water Loss index as compared to Natural Collagen, which in practice, means that during long-term application we can expect a slightly better effect on skin hydration, i.e. its firmness.
We are confident that Native Collagen will be well received by demanding customers who look for an inexpensive, effective, and natural anti-ageing product.
You Can Order Native Collagen Here: